Accessibility Statement for ClassView
This website is run by I-Immersive, who are fully committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- Issues with technology, appearance and mobile/touch
- Issues with images, svg, video and audio
- Issues with interactive tools, inputs and contrast
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call:0330 053 1700
We’ll consider your request and respond to you within 1 business day.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS)
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Find out how to contact us: https://classview.com/contact/
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
I-Immersive Limited is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is not compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. The non-accessible sections are listed below.
Non accessible content
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Issues with technology, appearance and mobile/touch
- No ‘skip to main content’ option on any pages.
- Text doesn’t reflow in single column when size of browser window is changed. App.classview.com is not responsive and cannot be rotated to any orientation.
- In some places there is not enough scroll area.
- It’s not possible for users to modify text spacing or line height.
- It is not possible to navigate most of the website using just a keyboard.
- It is not possible to navigate most of the website using speech recognition software.
- It is not possible to listen to most of the website using a screen reader.
We plan to re-design some components of app.classview.com to allow layout to adopt to different devices and user’s preference by 21st October 2022. We will provide partial keyboard navigation and create keyboard shortcuts for some of the frequent used functions of ClassView.
Issues with images, svg, video and audio
- Images don’t have alternative text.
- Our SVG elements, especially icons do not pass the accessibility requirements.
- Live video streams don’t have captions.
- In some places our pre-recorded video is set to autoplay.
- Pre-recorded video streams don’t have captions.
- Pre-recorded video streams are not available as audio only.
- Our graphs, charts and maps do not provide text alternative.
We plan to add captions to pre-recorded video and provide an audio version for all recordings.
We will make sure all media does not auto play and can be paused. If a user has expressed a preference for reduced motion, we will:
- Stop things auto-playing
- Reduce animations
- All loading will happen without flashing
We plan to add alt text to important images by 21st October 2022.
For live video we will build a tool which will allow an appointed user to type in captions during the live meeting.
Issues with interactive tools, inputs and contrast
- Background and foreground colours do not have a sufficient contrast ratio. At the moment colour is the only way information is conveyed, especially in buttons and error states.
- There is no visible focus for interactive elements that are navigated to via keyboard input.
- The keyboard focus order does not match the visual layout.
- Some of our interactive forms are difficult to navigate using a keyboard. For example, because some form controls are missing a ‘label’ tag.
- Some error states are not clear, and instructions are often missing.
We plan to fix the issues with colour contrast, forms, errors and keyboard by 21st June 2021.
We will not provide live captions for all live audio and video content as our content is generated live by users. Providing this feature for our live content is a disproportionate burden. Instead as mentioned before, we will build a tool which will allow an appointed user to type in captions during the live meeting, if they wish to do so.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on the 03/09/2019. The test was carried out by our team of developers and UX designers using the following tools:
- WAVE Evaluation Tool
- Funkify – Disability Simulator
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test pages most visited by our users. These pages were selected from the data we collected using Google Analytics. According to those data Home Page and Support page are most visited pages for classview.com and Dashboard, Hubs and Admin Dashboard for app.classview.com.
- Our main website platform, available at https://classview.com
- Our web application site at: https://app.classview.com
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Our accessibility roadmap shows how and when we plan to improve accessibility on this website.
This statement was prepared on 1st September 2019. It was last updated on 18th September 2020.